Dark tourism? / Oradour-sur-Glane / burned cars
On 10 June 1944, the village of Oradour-sur-Glane in Haute-Vienne in then Nazi-occupied France was destroyed, when 642 of its inhabitants, including women and children, were massacred by a Nazi Waffen-SS company. A new village was built nearby after the war, but French president Charles de Gaulle ordered the original maintained as a permanent memorial and museum. These photos were taken in June 2016 and show a selection of burned cars that let us be aware of the richness and prosperity of the village before the massacre.